There’s a little thing called the Quilt & Craft Fair happening again this year. Heading into the Sydney Quilt & Craft Fair has become a bit of a tradition for me and this year I’m super excited to be heading in to attend the show and then catch up with some of the amazing people I’ve met on Instagram, and you could be one of them! The super fabulous Kristy (of Quiet Play), Keera (of Live Love Sew) and Molli Sparkles are organising a dinner for the Quilty Instagram Peeps to attend. I can’t wait to go (despite the nerves) and I thought it might be a great excuse to host a Name Tag Swap as an ice-breaker. So I floated the idea and it seems to be something others would like to be part of too and so here I am…
Because I never want to leave anyone out I’m opening up the swap to all Australians (sorry to those not living in the great land of Oz!). The details are as follows….
- 1 x Quilted Name Tag that needs to include the persons First Name and IG Name (where relevant)
- Minimum size: 5″ x 3″ – it can be larger than this, or an unusual shape (like a circle) you will just need to get the person’s name on there clearly so others can read it.
- Item must be quilted (this is three layers joined by stitching) – it needs to contain a way to be attached to someone’s person (whether with a brooch back, closed pin or lanyard)
- Optional: you can make a matching lanyard if you’d like to as well
- Optional: you can add some other treats to your swap package if you like, but this is completely optional
Items must be posted between June 6 – 10 2016! All name tags must be posted by June 10 2016. This is non-negotiable.
It would be horrible to have a person attending the event without a name tag because their partner couldn’t get it to them on time. Don’t be that person! Please do not sign up if you can’t commit to delivering on time.
Sign ups will close Friday 20 May at 5pm AEST (Sydney time). Partners will be allocated by Monday 23 May at 5pm AEST (Sydney time).
Where possible swappers will be matched with those that are attending the dinner so that they can say thank you in person. This may not be possible for all swappers, but we’ll do our best to make it happen!
Unfortunately, this swap is only open to those with an Australian postal address.
If you’ve made it through all of that and think that you’d like to be a part of the great Aussie Name Tag Swap, then it’s time to sign up and make someone’s day!
Looking for Inspiration?
- Quilted Name Tag Pinterest Board – click here to follow.
- Tutorial for quilted name tag and lanyard from Pile O’Fabric – click here for tutorial.
- Name tag tutorial from Saltwater Quilts – click here for tutorial.
- Quilted lanyard tutorial from Faith and Fabric – click here for tutorial.
- Paper pieced sewing machine name tag from Megs Monkey Beans – click here for free pattern.
Looking for More Inspiration?
Can you keep a secret? The fabulous all Australian, all Modern Quilting magazine Make Modern will be announcing something BIG this Friday that will make you totally want to make a name tag! Stay tuned for more information!
Psst... Would you like a FREE pattern?
Sign up to the GnomeAngel Newsletter and you can access your very own free pattern. Get the latest news, stay up-to-date with sew-alongs + events and receive the occasional free offer! Simply add your details below!