Wow, what a week! I seriously thought we were going to have an internet implosion on Monday night as everyone waited for the first blocks and their tutorials to be announced. It’s such a relief to finally have the tutorials published and available for people. It’s helping us all to find our rhythms and get into a routine that will carry us through the coming year. I’m also hoping that it’s helping to alleviate some of the fears that people had about making the blocks and participating in the sew-along.
Every Sunday I’ll be giving you the ability to link up your progress and share your blocks with others. It’s also a great way to get out and about on the internet and find new people to follow and read. If you’ve never participated in a link up party I’ve written a post that should help you work out what you need to do. You can find it by clicking here.
This week we’ve given you 3 great blocks to make; Becky, Bonnie and Aunt. (You can find all of the tutorials as they’re released on this page – click to view.) There’s been some amazing blocks made and I’ve gotten such a thrill from seeing them appear in the Facebook Group and on Instagram (search the hashtag #FQS1930FarmersWife). Each week I’m going to pick a selection of blocks from the link up and share them with you all here.
As this is the first week I’m going to share some of the blocks made by the Official Bloggers – they’re all amazing and I know you’re going to love seeing their work as much as I have.
If these blocks have got you excited for some Farmer’s Wife action then be sure to check out more versions of the first 3 blocks from some of the other official bloggers:
- Melissa (of Ms Midge) is going for a Cotton + Steel Farmer’s Wife (which as I type that makes me think of a mix of Footloose and Flashdance). Click here to see more.
- Jess (of Elven Garden Quilts) is using some of her precious Japanese fabrics to make a really special quilt. Click here to see more.
- Cat (of Cat + Vee) has made some awesome blocks using fussy cut prints from her super awesome stash. Click here to see more.
- Lisa (of Sweet Little Pretties) is making hers in Liberty and it’s something else. Click here to see more.
- Nathalie (of Ouvrages de Nat) is doing the sew-along in her native tongue, French, so that more people can participate and it’s so exciting to see. Click here to see more.
- Alyce (of Blossom Heart Quilts) is doing an ode to Kate Spain with her version of this quilt. Click here to see more.
So, what are you waiting for let’s get our sew and tell on! Show us what you made!
Get Your Free Pattern Now!
Sign up to the GnomeAngel Newsletter and you can access your very own free pattern. Get the latest news, stay up-to-date with sew-alongs + events and receive the occasional free offer! Simply add your details below!