My calendar needs to come with a sign on it that says “dates are closer than they appear”. I can’t believe it’s only 3 weeks until the Farmer’s Wife 1930’s Sampler Quilt Sew-Along kicks off. I’ve been frantically getting things organised and ready and while I’m nervous as all get out that it’s happening I’m really excited about the possibilities. I’ve had such an amazing response to the sew-along it’s blown me away. I can’t believe that there’s over 2,300+ members in the Facebook Group alone. Can you image if there’s 2,000+ quilts made at the end of this year long adventure?
Given the huge response I’ve had to reach out and ask 5 more bloggers to join in on the adventure. This means there will be 30 amazing Bloggers ready and willing to help you make the best quilt you can. To help you keep on top of who’s involved I’ve collated a list of them and you can find it by clicking here. Today however I’d like to introduce you (in alphabetical order) to our final 5 bloggers, they are:
ANITA @ DAYDREAMS OF QUILTS
RACHEL @ FAMILY EVER AFTER
I love quilting, sewing, clogging, archery, exploring the outdoors, country living, and being a mama.
SEDEF @ DOWN GRAPEVINE LANE
I am an ex-Londoner who is now ‘living the dream’ in a picturesque wine town in sunny South Australia with my husband and our two little ones. I quilt, crochet, and embroider, and hand-made elements such as hand-quilting, embroidery, and paper piecing feature frequently in my projects. I have a large collection of repro 30s fabrics which I can’t wait to dig into for my Farmer’s Wife quilt!
SHERRI @ A QUILTING LIFE
Inspired by a rich family heritage of generations of women who love and loved sewing and creating, Sherri began to sew when she received a sewing machine for her tenth birthday; in the early 1990s she began quilting thanks to the gentle persuasion of her grandmother. After discovering quilt blogs and the on-line community of quilters she began her blog in the summer of 2008 as a means of recording her quilting life and journey. She has been publishing her designs in magazines and books since 2011; she has two books with C&T Publishing, A Quilting Life: Creating a Handmade Home (2013) and Fresh Family Traditions: 18 Heirloom Quilts for a New Generation (2014). Being able to design fabric for Moda is truly a dream come true.
TONYA @ THE CRAFTY MUMMY
Hi! I’m Tonya from The Crafty Mummy. I love to create stuff so I sew and quilt… and crochet… and bead… and… you get the picture: I’ll give any craft a go! I’m a Mum to two cherubs in regional Queensland, Australia, and I believe the Farmer’s Wife quilt is going to help reduce my fabric stash.
As you can see, things are just getting better and better as we get closer to our start date. In the meantime I’m enjoying the glorious sunshine and blue skies that are becoming more frequent as we edge out of Winter and in to Spring. I’m loving the fact that we’re getting longer hours of light. I seriously struggled through this winter and I’m glad to see the back of it.
Wishing you a fabulous sun filled day!
FUN THINGS TO CLICK ON
- Looking for a fun star quilt pattern to make and it’s free? Click here to get this free pattern.
- If you have a dinosaur mad toddler in the house like we do, then be sure to click here to get a free tutorial on how to turn a dinosaur toy into a keyring.
- You can never have too many bowls in the house and now you can use your sewing machine to make your own. Click here to get a tutorial on how to make a rope bowl.
- I’m going to be taking a class with Lizzie House this month (yep, the Lizzie House!) and I’m toying with making my own travel set. Click here to get a great pattern for making your own travel set.
- I love a quilt with punch and this one is a knock out. Click here to get a great tutorial for making this graphic black and white quilt.
- Looking for a foundation paper piecing pattern that will knock your socks off? Click here to find out about the Diamond Superstar.
COMMUNITY CORK BOARD
Want something included on the Community Cork Board, then why not drop me an email and if it’s applicable to the GnomeAngel community I’ll share it. It can be anything from a local fate, a charity raffle, a class you’re teaching, a pattern you’ve released, a sew-a-long you’re involved in to a community event that’s happening. Be sure to send me as much detail as you can and links to any applicable websites. Click here to email me.
- Entries are open in the 15th Annual Brother International Quilt Contest. You could win $2,400 worth of Brother quilting products and have your quilt displayed at the Tokyo International Quilt Festival in 2016. To find out more click here.
Psst... Would you like a FREE pattern?
Sign up to the GnomeAngel Newsletter and you can access your very own free pattern. Get the latest news, stay up-to-date with sew-alongs + events and receive the occasional free offer! Simply add your details below!