I love a good Thai curry and this soup is just that, only with pumpkin. HUBBY made this dish for our family and it was delicious. It’s a great combination of flavours and the abundance of pumpkin makes you feel all virtuous and shit because it’s so much vegetable.
I served this with boiled rice in the bottom of the bowl just because I’m a big fan of rice and I love a good sere of soupy rice.
It was perfect for a winters night and I’m totally going to be hitting HUBBY up to make it again. The Little Man even liked it.
- 1 tablespoon peanut or vegetable oil
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon green curry paste
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tablespoon lemon grass finely chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 500 grams butternut pumpkin peeled and chopped
- 500 grams chicken fillet chopped
- fresh herbs – basil, mint, chives garnish
- lime sliced – garnish
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion, curry paste, garlic, ginger and lemongrass, and cook, stirring, until onion is soft. Add the stock and coconut cream, bring to the boil, add pumpkin and cook (uncovered) for about 10 minutes. Add the chicken and cook for 6 minutes more, until chicken is tender.
- Serve garnished with the herbs and lime slices.
Get Your Free Pattern Now!
Sign up to the GnomeAngel Newsletter and you can access your very own free pattern. Get the latest news, stay up-to-date with sew-alongs + events and receive the occasional free offer! Simply add your details below!