Do you want to know how many sleeps until Christmas? No, me either. Let’s just say that it’s not as many as we think and before we know it it will be 2016. Big things are happening in our household at the moment and for once it’s not me driving the changes. It’s kind of scary and exciting and I’m sure we’ll look back on this as a big turning point for us. HUBBY has taken a job with a US based company who’s expanding into Australia and it means that he’s going to have to go to Boston in January. It’s a little unexpected, but super exciting.
Because it’s so unexpected we’re not sure whether the Little Man and I will be able to go over there with him (either for all the time or some of the time). It’s also opened up the discussion about whether we should do 12 months working in the US. There’s lots of pro’s and con’s for it and I’ve got to be honest, the thought of living in the US both terrifies me and excites me (for a number of sane and not-so-sane reasons). I’m not sure what will come of all this, but it’s exciting and I’m very thankful for the opportunity.
Regardless of whether I head to the US in January or not it’s going to mean a lot of work has to be done between now and 1 January to get prepared. I’ll be honest, I’m freaking out about it. Up until Friday I was getting ready to coast into the end of the year with a few little projects and writing the book. Now I’m looking at having to have all of January done and some of February as well before the end of the year. Whoa!
It does make me chuckle though, life has such a funny way of showing you that for all your planning and scheming you really have little to no control over how things unfold. Interesting times ahead!
I hope you have a fabulous day!
FUN THINGS TO CLICK ON
- Summer is in full swing now and so it was time for me to upgrade the Little Man’s hat collection. If you’re looking for a great bucket hat pattern for kids than click here for the free pattern from Oliver + S.
- Christmas is coming and now’s the perfect time to get ahead on the Handmade portion of your festivities. Click here for a free tutorial to make these fabulous Liberty gift tags from Peta at She Quilts Alot.
- I love this tutorial for a disappearing 9 patch from Tina, it’s a great way to make a quick quilt top (just in time for the holidays maybe…).
- I’m obsessed with the idea of hanging a wreath on our front door all year round and this tutorial from Jen at In Color Order for a Holiday Wrapped Wreath might just be the way that I get to fulfil that desire.
- I read this interesting post on the “touch it once” principal. I’m thinking it might be worth implementing, what do you think?
- I’ve been craving pumpkin fruit cake and so I caved and baked two of them! You can get the recipe by clicking here.
COMMUNITY CORK BOARD
- Tiny Sparks WA are looking to provide 200 Christmas quilts to neonatal nurseries right across Western Australia and need your help! Quilts measure 16″ x 24″ so perfect size to master the art of the mini quilt. Click here to find out more.
- Jackie Gillies (@jackiegillies) is asking those who can (and want to) to make and donate Tic Tac Toe blocks to help make quilts for women’s refuges in Australia. You can find out more by clicking here. If you can’t make blocks, but would like to still help out you can donate by clicking here.
Want something included on the Community Cork Board, then why not drop me an email and if it’s applicable to the GnomeAngel community I’ll share it. It can be anything from a local fate, a charity raffle, a class you’re teaching, a pattern you’ve released, a sew-a-long you’re involved in to a community event that’s happening. Be sure to send me as much detail as you can and links to any applicable websites. I do not have any affiliation with the information provide, it is done so as a community service only. Click here to email me.
- Brother Australia are at it again with their Brother Inspires Christmas competition. The prizes are really generous and there’s 7 of them on offer. Competition closes 11 December, so click here to find out more and get creating!
- With the year nearly at a close it’s time to start thinking about what projects you’ll be working on next year. Why not check out the Fat Quarter Shop Crossroads Quilt-along to benefit the March of Dimes. I’m going to be an official blogger for it and so I’ll be sharing my version of the quilt (which I adore) you can find out more by clicking here.
- If you’d like to take a class with me, then why not check out my class list by clicking here or maybe you’d like to work with me to help promote your brand/business/store/product, click here to find out more about partnering with me.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase those items through my links I will earn a very small commission. You will not pay more when buying a product through my link, in fact in some cases I can offer you a better price via an affiliate link. I will not recommend something that I do not use myself. These commissions help me keep being able to provide you with great content for free. Thank you, in advance for your support!Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase those items through my links I will earn a very small commission. You will not pay more when buying a product through my link, in fact in some cases I can offer you a better price via an affiliate link. I will not recommend something that I do not use myself. These commissions help me keep being able to provide you with great content for free. Thank you, in advance for your support!
Get Your Free Pattern Now!
Sign up to the GnomeAngel Newsletter and you can access your very own free pattern. Get the latest news, stay up-to-date with sew-alongs + events and receive the occasional free offer! Simply add your details below!