It’s my turn on the Land of Magic Quilt Tour and I have the incredible honour of sharing with you all my version of the Land of Magic Dragon block. This quilt was designed by the ever fabulous Kerry of Kid Giddy and I just adore the whimsy and magic in this quilt. I’m such a sucker for a fairy tale and I love how each of these blocks weaves together a tale as old as time. (Disney fans did you see what I did there…. ) I was so thrilled when Kerry asked me to be a part of the Land of Magic Sew-along (click here for the details) and I hope you all love the block that I’ve made.
Want to see it?
I just love how this has turned out. The Zen Chic fabric I used for my dragon is the perfect “dragon skin” and it just pops against the white. The pattern is super easy and comes together really quickly. I’ve got big plans for this dragon and I hope I can do them justice.
I don’t have any real “tips” for making this block because it’s just so simple and there’s nothing complicated to line up and there’s no bulky seams. My only advice would be to go wild and have fun picking some great dragon skin fabric.
Land of Magic Dragon Block Details
- You can find the pattern here: Etsy
- Finished size: 20″ x 16″
- Foundation Paper Pieced
- Fabrics used: Dragon – Zen Chic for Moda – For You Combo in Apple (Click here to purchase) | Background – Robert Kaufman Kona White (Click here to purchase)
Land of Magic Quilt Details
- You can purchase the entire quilt pattern (including the dragon block) here: Etsy
- You can purchase quilt kits from Fat Quarter Shop by clicking here.
Land of Magic Sew-A-Long Schedule
- Sept 13, 2016: Crown/Star block release – Rhea – @alewivesfabrics
- Sept 20, 2016: Castle block release – Cristy – @CristyCreates
- Oct 4, 2016: Dragon block release – Angie – @GnomeAngel <- You are here
- Oct 18, 2016: Mermaid block release – Giuseppe – @Giucy_Giuce and Alisa – @astitchinbetween
- Nov 1, 2016: Unicorn block release – Jenny – @cloverandviolet and Peta – @shequiltsalot
- Nov 15, 2016: Piecing Quilt Top
- Nov 29, 2016: Quilting and Binding
Psst... Would you like a FREE pattern?
Sign up to the GnomeAngel Newsletter and you can access your very own free pattern. Get the latest news, stay up-to-date with sew-alongs + events and receive the occasional free offer! Simply add your details below!