It’s a public holiday here today which is awesome. Not only does it mean three days of our little family getting to hang out together but it means a leisurely weekend of just sewing what I want when I want in between doing all the other little things we want to do together. It’s been fabulous and the even better news is next weekend is a long weekend too! I won’t know what to do with myself with all this family time and sewing time.
I know what I will be doing this week, sorting my passport. I’ve been putting it off and putting it off but it’s crunch time and I need to get it done. It’s kind of driving home just how close to heading to Houston I am. I’m starting to dream of all the BBQ I’ll be able to eat, and pie. I really want to try American style pie. I’ll be starting my clean eating and exercising regime after I get home I think.
Did you see my make for the Amy Sinbaldi Playground Fabrics Showcase? (Click here to see.) I’m totally smitten with it. It was such an easy way to take an already fabulous pattern and inject some of my own personality and share some amazing fabrics. I’m going to be doing it again that’s for sure. Did you also see I’m giving you the opportunity to win your own copy of the fabulous “Mini Patchwork Projects” by Beth Studley? (Click here to enter.) I feel like there’s so many good things starting to happen all over the place and I’m so grateful I’m getting to share them with you.
Well I can’t sit around here all day surfing the net (well I can, but you know, things to do) so I’m wishing you a most fabulously creative day and if you need me I’ll be at my sewing machine.
PS. Don’t forget there’s still time to enter the Modern Makers Cushion Palooza to win some pretty amazing prizes! The competition closes 30 September (in your timezone) and all you have to do is make and share a cushion on Instagram to win. You can find out more and see all the amazing sponsors by clicking here.
FUN THINGS TO CLICK ON
- I’m a sucker for all things stationery so my heart skipped a beat with these gold foil notebooks from Lovely Indeed. Click here to get the tutorial.
- I’ve been eyeing off these temporary tattoos by Alison Glass (click here to purchase) and now I have the perfect project to use them for. Check out this Temporary Tattoo Vase from The Crafted Life. Click here to get the tutorial.
- I’m starting to get in the mood for all things summer and so this popsicle tote and watermelon towel from Make and Tell is just perfect. Click here to get the tutorial.
- I’m looking to add more greenery to the house now that I work from home and I’m loving the look of these succulent sand art terrariums form Design Improvised. Click here to get the tutorial.
- While I might not look to hot in these days of the week underwear from Studio DIY, I think they’re a great DIY for the youngsters in your life (like, maybe the toddler you’re trying to potty train). Click here for the tutorial.
- With summer comes BBQ’s and I’m already planning our summer menus which include basil, so it’s handy the Shrimp Salad Circus shared this great tutorial on how to grow basil from a cutting. Click here for the tutorial.
COMMUNITY CORK BOARD
- If you’re addicted to bag making like I am then you’ll want to check out Elm Street Quilt’s Bag It hosted by the lovely Patty. Things kick off today, so click here to find out more.
- Love all things Fairy Tale and magically, then be sure to check out the Land of Magic Sew-along that Kerry from Kid Giddy will be hosting, you never know you might just find a gnome hiding out in the land of make believe. Click here to find out more.
- Peta at She Quilts A Lot (and she does!) is getting ready to rock your socks off with the Sweet Stars Sew-along. I’m really excited about this sew-along because it’s going to be teaching the basics, and it’s always great to learn more and reconfirm good habits. Click here to find out more.
#100DAYS100BLOCKS SPONSOR INFORMATION
Blocks 41 – 50 of the #100Days100Blocks sew-along are brought to you by the ever fabulous Fabric Pixie.
Fabric Pixie is all about bringing the cute, quirky and fun to everything handmade! Stocking modern designer fabrics, patterns and notions that we ship to the world!
Prize: $100 Gift Voucher
How to win:
- Post a photo of the block on the day that the block is due (in your timezone) for all 100 blocks,
- Hashtag blocks 41 – 50 with #100days100blocks and #fabricpixie,
- At the time of the draw you must be following @fabricpixie, @gnomeangel, @sweetlittlepretties and @sunflowerquilting on Instagram.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase those items through my links I will earn a very small commission. You will not pay more when buying a product through my link, in fact in some cases I can offer you a better price via an affiliate link. I will not recommend something that I do not use myself. These commissions help me keep being able to provide you with great content for free. Thank you, in advance for your support!