I’m baaaaack. I’ve been back home now for a week and I have to say I’ve been a little surprised at how I’ve failed to bounce back from travelling to the other side of the globe. I expected to come home on Friday and be back in the swing of things come Monday, but that hasn’t been the case. I think I’ve been suffering with post-Market come down combined with some ongoing-health issues and it’s just put me on my butt. Oh well, lesson learned for next time.
I had an amazing trip. It was so much more than I could have imagined it would have been and because it was such a massive event I’m going to write about it in a separate blog post (or maybe posts… there’s a lot to cover!). As much as I had an amazing time I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t excited, happy and relieved to be home again. I missed the boys so much and it was so fabulous to get off the plane and have them there at the airport to hug and kiss and laugh with again.
The past week has gone by in a bit of a blur. I’ve been doing some slow stitching and working on a cross stitch pattern while binge watching The Crown on Netflix. It’s a really well done series, the production is outstanding and I’ve really enjoyed the dramatisation of history. I’m hanging out for the second series! I’ve also spent this week avoiding my sewing machine. I spent the first few days of the week in bed recovering from everything and for some reason I just couldn’t bring myself to sew. That’s going to change this week however; I have some new fabrics to play with.
I thought I was going to quietly see out the end of the year to set up for an even bigger 2017 but things are starting to get interesting around here. I’ve been thinking about making some changes and giving the place a bit of a freshen up and I think this might be the perfect time to do so. As much as the world is kind of bumming me out at the moment I have hope and a plan. So I guess I’d better get to work. Wishing you a most fabulously creative day!
FUN THINGS TO CLICK ON
- I’m so excited about the Ugly Christmas Sweater Block Sew-along being hosted by Kerry at Kid Giddy, and not just because of all the prizes on offer! Click here to find out all the details.
- Loving this poinsettia pillow from Simple Simon & Co, so easy to make and delivers such a punch of colour. Click here to get the tutorial.
- Looking for a fun no sew festive project? Then check out this fabric Christmas Tree from Art Gallery Fabrics. Click here to get the tutorial.
- Patchwork Christmas Trees are so fun and festive. Loving this Christmas Tree Pillow from Sherri at A Quilting Life. Click here to get the tutorial.
- I’m particularly smitten with this Christmas Wreath Pillow from Nadra at Ellis & Higgs. Click here to get the pattern.
- And if all that festive sewing has you reaching for the eject button, then there’s this beautiful post from the Bitchy Stitcher that serves as a reminder to all of us about creating. Click here to read.
COMMUNITY CORK BOARD
- Amitie Textiles in Melbourne are hosting the ever amazing and fabulous Anna Maria Horner and Carolyn Friedlander. For further information and bookings please call Amitie Textiles on (03) 9596 7225 – There are still spots available in the following Trunks Shows and Classes:
- Anna Maria Horner Trunk Show evening of Monday November 21
- Carolyn Friedlander Trunk Show evening of Thursday December 1
- Carolyn Friedlander Aerial Grove Class Friday December 2
- Carolyn Friedlander Facing East class Saturday December 3
- For the first time ever, Jennifer Sampou, is offering an exclusive weekend retreat for quilters wanting an intimate, creative experience. Retreat is being run from March 24-26 2017 in Lafayette, California. Spaces are limited to 12 students. For further information please click here.
- Have you seen The Quilter’s Planner? The Quilter’s Planner is an 8″x11″ spiral bound book that includes standard planner fare such as weekly and monthly calendar pages, sturdy laminated cover and tabs, and stickers to add flare to your planning pages, but it also includes content created especially for quilters: project planning pages, 14 quilt patterns from top designers, swap organisation pages, project progress pages, weekly block designs, free motion quilting designs, beautiful quilt photography from the coast of Maine, a color chart from Cloud9 Fabrics, and plain and graph paper for recording your quilt ideas. This year, there’s also a small companion book for when you’re on the go. Stephanie has seriously thought of everything! The Quilter’s Planner is the perfect gift for the quilter in your life (especially if that quilter is you!) and can be ordered now by clicking here. Numbers are limited, so be sure to get yours before they’re all gone.
- Ros at Sew Delicious is currently doing a drive to help supply the NICU (Neo-natal Intensive Care Unit) at the Northern Hospital in Melbourne with drawstring bags. The bags are used to help keep all the laundry and clothing in order for babies that are being treated in the Unit. The bags often go home with the baby when they get to go home. The bags are super simple to make and you can get the tutorial and details about where to send them by clicking here.
- Seven quilt pattern designers have teamed up to create Quilt Theory, releasing a new pattern line printed on small cards. Quilt Theory asks, “Where can your quilt take you?” acknowledging the wide and varied influences brought to the crafting of a quilt. Each pattern is simple enough to fit on the back of a small card or one-page PDF, making the patterns perfect for both beginner and advanced quilters. The cards are sturdy and aesthetically appealing, and at only $3 each, they are perfect for gift giving or collecting. Online download of the Quilt Theory bundle also includes coloring pages for each quilt design. Click here to find out more.
#100DAYS100BLOCKS SPONSOR INFORMATION
Blocks 81 – 90 of the #100Days100Blocks sew-along are brought to you by the ever fabulous Ava & Neve.
Opened by Martina and Narelle, Ava & Neve and Ava & Neve Collective stocks the amazing Liberty of London fabrics, homewares, sewing notions, kits, books, patterns and so much more. Whether you are a secret fabric hoarder like Martina, or looking for inspiration on a project that Narelle has done or from the many designers we collaborate with let Ava & Neve be your first point of call. If there is a design you are after and we haven’t got it stocked please drop us an email or call and we will do our best to source this for you. Our range is available for sale online or in the studio. So whether you live in the area or in another city we can help you with all your needs and questions relating to Liberty Art Fabrics.
Prize: Prize is the 9 month subscription to the Block of the Month that is a full liberty quilt. Value is $600.00 (AU). Optional boarder option is not included in this prize.
How to win:
- Complete all 100 blocks,
- Post a photo of the block on the day that the block is due (in your timezone),
- Hashtag blocks 81 – 90 with #100days100blocks and #avaandneve,
- At the time of the draw you must be following @ava_and_neve, @gnomeangel, @sweetlittlepretties and @sunflowerquilting on Instagram.
Coupon Code: For the period 27 July 2016 to 24 November 2016 you can use coupon code “SEW-ALONG” at the checkout to get 10% off your order.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase those items through my links I will earn a very small commission. You will not pay more when buying a product through my link, in fact in some cases I can offer you a better price via an affiliate link. I will not recommend something that I do not use myself. These commissions help me keep being able to provide you with great content for free. Thank you, in advance for your support!
Psst... Would you like a FREE pattern?
Sign up to the GnomeAngel Newsletter and you can access your very own free pattern. Get the latest news, stay up-to-date with sew-alongs + events and receive the occasional free offer! Simply add your details below!