Today’s Instagrammer is Emma Jane. Emma was the lucky hopper who curated the Sea Breeze Mini Quilt Fabric Bundle (which is available in my shop) and is currently on holiday in Europe (oh the life!).
I really love Emma’s use of colour and pattern – she’s a quilter after my own heart – and I can’t wait to see her take on the Sea Breeze Mini. But enough from me read on to learn more about Emma and then be sure to check out her Instagram for more lovely quilting images (and photos from Europe!).
Emma is @joworimakes
1. How did you come to be a quilter?
I have watched my mom quilt my whole life, and have a gorgeous single bed quilt which she made for me when I was a baby (still love it to bits!). I dabbled in sewing here and there growing up but always said to myself I would learn to quilt when my friends started having babies. Well, that happened a little sooner than I thought it would, and almost 2 years ago I started planning my first quilt… Besides a little help from the internet, I made it completely without instruction, and with scissors!! It was made for a very dear friend, but I am too nervous to enquire if it has fallen apart!!
2. What is it that you love about being a quilter?
Quilting provides a much-needed escape from daily life for me. An outlet for stress and creativity, and I can no longer imagine my life without it!
3. What’s your 3 favourite quilts that you’ve made that reflect who you are as a quilter?
This is a bit of a tough one as I honestly haven’t completed that many quilts yet! I think my scrappy-trip-along made using AMH’s field study collection will be my favourite once I actually get it quilted! Other than that, the Marcelle Medallion I made my Mom, although totally not my style, I love it because she loves it, and a very soft pinwheel baby quilt I made last year. As for reflecting me as a quilter – I love mixing fabric lines, going for bright and bold, and making something that I know the recipient will love! All three of these favourite quilts reflect one or other of these ☺
A Bit of Fun:
If you could only have one or the other for the rest of eternity what would you choose?
1. Fabric: Solid or Pattern? Pattern
2. Quilt Styles: Pattern or Improv? Pattern
3. Seams: Open or to the Side? The side
4. Stitching: Hand or Machine? Machine
5. Binding: Hand or Machine? Machine
6. Food: Sweet or Savoury? Sweet
7. Entertainment: Books or Music? Books
8. Entertainment: Television or Movies? Tv
9. Computer: Mac or Windows? Windows
10. Drink: Coke or Pepsi? Neither (yuck!)