This time next week I’ll be freaking out… the Farmer’s Wife 1930’s Sampler Quilt Sew-along will be kicking off and the months of planning that I’ve done behind-the-scenes will be put into motion. It’s like standing at the top of a ski slope filled with moguls looking to the bottom and knowing you have no way of getting down you just have to push off, go with the flow and hopefully get to the bottom without losing a limb or hitting a tree. Well at least that’s what I imagine it’s like, I don’t do the outdoors… or sport.
The Farmer’s Wife 1930’s Sampler Quilt Sew-along Facebook Group has exploded and today we got our 3,000th member. It blows my mind to think that there’s 3,000 people out there interested in following along on this crazy adventure. It’s going to be a fun year!
I’m really excited this week because on Saturday I’ll be heading into Sydney to catch up with some good friends and go to the Lizzy House Meadow Quilt Class. I can’t wait, it’s been ages since I’ve done a class and to be doing one with someone who’s work features so heavily in my own creations will be amazeballs. I’m still trying to work out fabrics and get my supplies packed and ready to go. I’ve even done a Meadow Block Journal page to help me record my class notes in style.
Today however I’ve got some sewing to do as I’m behind on some blocks and I need to get ahead on some other blocks. Let’s hope I can stay focused and not get distracted by what’s going on over on Facebook!
Have a most fabulous day!
FUN THINGS TO CLICK ON
- If you’d like to record your memories as you make your quilt blocks, click here to see the block journal printables I’ve made to help you do so.
- Looking for a cute pencil case to make for yourself or someone you love, then click here for a great free curvy pencil case pattern.
- Marilyn said diamonds are a girls best friend and if that stands this quilt pattern, Cushion Cut, is a quilters best friend. Click here to see more.
- If you struggle choosing fabrics for your projects then click here to see how I approach the task.
- Speaking of the Cushion Cut quilt, my all time favourite version of this quilt has been done by Bec Skyberries, click here to see her amazing Instagram account (and follow it!).
- Need a project to use up all your scraps, click here for a free Scrappy Irish Chain quilt pattern.
- I love a good hashtag and this cushion is a perfect way for me to share that love, click here for a free hashtag cushion pattern.
COMMUNITY CORK BOARD
Want something included on the Community Cork Board, then why not drop me an email and if it’s applicable to the GnomeAngel community I’ll share it. It can be anything from a local fate, a charity raffle, a class you’re teaching, a pattern you’ve released, a sew-a-long you’re involved in to a community event that’s happening. Be sure to send me as much detail as you can and links to any applicable websites. Click here to email me.
- If you’d like to take a class with me, then why not check out my class list by clicking here or maybe you’d like to work with me to help promote your brand/business/store/product, click here to find out more about partnering with me.
- Entries are open in the 15th Annual Brother International Quilt Contest. You could win $2,400 worth of Brother quilting products and have your quilt displayed at the Tokyo International Quilt Festival in 2016. To find out more click here.
Get Your Free Pattern Now!
Sign up to the GnomeAngel Newsletter and you can access your very own free pattern. Get the latest news, stay up-to-date with sew-alongs + events and receive the occasional free offer! Simply add your details below!