At the beginning of the week I thought things were looking up for our little house but by Wednesday I’d come down with whatever I have been battling twice as bad as before. I actually spent 2 days in bed just sleeping and reading and doing as little as possible. I knew when the time came for our little man to start going to Kindy that we’d be exposed to more germs and bugs and I was prepared for some down time, but the past 6 months have just been hideous. As the months have gone on it’s moved from just him getting sick to all three of us getting ill. I’ve had it the worse between the two adults and I’ve had enough.
After a particularly vigorous discussion with my GP and my family I’ve had to admit defeat and look at my workload and all that I’ve been trying to do. It’s not that bad because I’ve been gearing up to having less on my plate, but it’s still frustrating. I’m having to look at ways to work smarter not harder and manage my time more effectively. I’m also going to have to get back on the exercise, miracle morning and better eating wagon. Things got busy and one-by-one I let things fall by the wayside. Those around me have been telling me for months that I’m doing too much and I’ve nodded politely and continued on my path. I’m still not convinced that I’ve been doing too much, I just think I haven’t been doing enough of the right things.
My body is my instrument and I need to look after it better which is what this whole thing comes down to… I’m not as young as I used to be. The other thing, and it’s been on my mind for awhile, is that I need to start working smarter. I’ve let things balloon out of control with my work practices and it’s time to get them back in order. Like a spring clean of my processes. I actually quite enjoy process and so it’s not that big a chore to do it, I just need the clear head space to think about it properly. So it’s a good thing I had 2 days in bed.
These are the things that I like about life; I have the power to change things. Nothing is set in stone. I can change my mind, amend my practices, embrace new things and move forward, even when it feels like I’m moving backwards. It’s going to be a great week. I hope you have a fabulous day today!
FUN THINGS TO CLICK ON
- At the beginning of this year I helped Alyce start the Beehive Swarms which are Sewing Bee Groups who make and swap the blocks covered in the Bee Hive Tutorials. It was a screaming success and now Alyce is opening up registrations for 2016. If you’d like to be a part of it, you can find out more and sign up by clicking here.
- Are you looking for more ways to be creative in your day-to-day life, then click here to find 11 ways you can practice creativity every day. (Image credit to Makewells)
- In Canberra and looking for some amazing street food, click here to read all about Rose’s favourite food haunt (which happens to be mine too!).
- If you’re like me and you’ve got so many things asking for your time and energy, then click here to read a blog post to give you some thinking material about how to prioritise you.
- I asked on my Facebook Page for some reading suggestions and the lovely Kim recommended “A Discovery of Witches” and I thoroughly enjoyed it and have gone on to the second book in the trilogy without pausing. You can purchase the All Souls trilogy by clicking here.
- Looking for a use for that quilt top you just can’t bring yourself to quilt, then click here to check out this amazing skirt by Kim of My Go-Go Life.
COMMUNITY CORK BOARD
- Tiny Sparks WA are looking to provide 200 Christmas quilts to neonatal nurseries right across Western Australia and need your help! Quilts measure 16″ x 24″ so perfect size to master the art of the mini quilt. Click here to find out more.
- If you are a “modern quilter” located in South Australia, please join this new facebook group where we are working to arrange regular sewing days and coffee meetups for members. Country members are very welcome, although currently we are only planning Adelaide meetups. Click here to join SA Modern Quilters.
- Jackie Gillies (@jackiegillies) is asking those who can (and want to) to make and donate Tic Tac Toe blocks to help make quilts for women’s refuges in Australia. You can find out more by clicking here. If you can’t make blocks, but would like to still help out you can donate by clicking here.
Want something included on the Community Cork Board, then why not drop me an email and if it’s applicable to the GnomeAngel community I’ll share it. It can be anything from a local fate, a charity raffle, a class you’re teaching, a pattern you’ve released, a sew-a-long you’re involved in to a community event that’s happening. Be sure to send me as much detail as you can and links to any applicable websites. I do not have any affiliation with the information provide, it is done so as a community service only. Click here to email me.
- With the year nearly at a close it’s time to start thinking about what projects you’ll be working on next year. Why not check out the Fat Quarter Shop Crossroads Quilt-along to benefit the March of Dimes. I’m going to be an official blogger for it and so I’ll be sharing my version of the quilt (which I adore) you can find out more by clicking here.
- If you’d like to take a class with me, then why not check out my class list by clicking here or maybe you’d like to work with me to help promote your brand/business/store/product, click here to find out more about partnering with me.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase those items through my links I will earn a very small commission. You will not pay more when buying a product through my link, in fact in some cases I can offer you a better price via an affiliate link. I will not recommend something that I do not use myself. These commissions help me keep being able to provide you with great content for free. Thank you, in advance for your support!Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase those items through my links I will earn a very small commission. You will not pay more when buying a product through my link, in fact in some cases I can offer you a better price via an affiliate link. I will not recommend something that I do not use myself. These commissions help me keep being able to provide you with great content for free. Thank you, in advance for your support!