Can I confess something? I’m shattered. Like bone tired, shattered. The Little Man did his first full week at school, I drove 6 hours to teach and all day class with the fabulous Mandy at Fabric Sauce. In between all of that I’ve been working like crazy to get the house in order and get on with the big tasks. I’m in need of a good nap (if you can call sleeping for a year a nap). I’ve been walking nearly every day and I’m watching what I’m eating and I’ve made some big lifestyle changes. I know had I not I’d be 100% worse off for it. I’m shattered, but it’s a good type of shattered. If that makes sense.
This week I’m all about getting ready for my classes at Amitie Textiles this coming weekend. I’m so nervous about them. I really want people to have a great time and learn some new tricks and ways of looking at the fabric collections. I have so much I want to talk about that my head is just overflowing. I know that it’ll all come together in the end, but it’s the lead up that sees me go a little like a cat on a hot tin roof. I know that this time next week I’ll be coming down off the high that is being with fellow creatives, I just have to make it there without driving those around me bonkers with the nervous energy.
I wish I had more to regale you with this week, but alas it’s all head down bum up. I can hint at something that’s coming through, it involves Cosy Project. (Click here to check out their site and try and guess!) Right, better keep moving, I’m a day behind already. Wishing you a fabulous week filled with love, laughter and fabric fondling.
Shocking news for the fabric industry with Coates sending a letter to their designers stating they are shutting down Westminster Fabrics and Free Spirit Fabrics, home to Tula Pink, Amy Butler, Anna Maria Horner, Kaffe Fassett and so many more. Click here to read more.
A table runner is a great way to add some festive cheer to your home and this Jelly Roll Hearts Table Runner by Centre Street Quilts for Moda Bake Shop is a great free project. Click here to read more.
This free sewing pattern and tutorial from Fluffmonger to make a corgi holding a heart has me coming over all “Awwwwww”. Click here to read more.
Are you baking for someone you love this Valentine’s Day? Then why not make matching heart shaped pot holders using the free tutorial from A Spoonful of Sugar. Click here to read more.
And speaking of cats on hot tin roofs check out this free tutorial from Swoodson Says for love heart pocket kitties. Click here to read more.
In 2018 I’m going to be travelling around Australia teaching people how to fussy cut and I can’t wait. If you’d like to take a class with me I have the follow classes currently available:
- Fussy Cutting FUNdamentals @ Amitie Textiles – Saturday 17 February 10:00am to 3:30pm. Learn everything you need to know about how to fussy cut for patchwork and English Paper Piecing. We’ll cover Improvisational Fussy Cutting, Traditional Fussy Cutting and Fussy Cutting for Colour. I’ll talk about fabric selection (including how to work out exactly how much to buy), colour theory and where to find those unusual prints to make your work pop. To book click here. (Sold Out – Wait List Registrations Open)
- Amazeballs Tote Bag @ Amitie Textiles – Sunday 18 February 10:00am to 3:30pm. Using the Amazeballs Tote pattern from my book, Fussy Cutters Club, we’ll learn all about improvisational fussy cutting to make unique and one-of-a-kind projects. Participants will learn basic bag construction and techniques for adding fussy cutting to all their projects. To book click here. (Hurry – this one’s nearly sold out!)
- Fussy Cutting FUNdamentals @ Hobbysew Belconnen – Saturday 24 February 10:00am to 3:00pm. Learn everything you need to know about how to fussy cut for patchwork and English Paper Piecing. We’ll cover Improvisational Fussy Cutting, Traditional Fussy Cutting and Fussy Cutting for Colour. I’ll talk about fabric selection (including how to work out exactly how much to buy), colour theory and where to find those unusual prints to make your work pop. To book click here.
Your photos look better now than they did this time last year. But who wants their skills to stagnate?
You want to keep improving, but where should you focus next?
I know it can be hard to decide, so I’m really excited to tell you about the Quick Win Photography Assessment.
After completing this free quiz, you’ll get a report that tells you the ONE thing to concentrate on right now.
Plus, you’ll get a custom tutorial you can try right away, that’ll get you on the road to improving that one area.
Take the FREE Quick Win Photography Assessment today and start capturing more of life’s amazing moments.
Have you got an event, a charity drive, a pattern release, a class schedule or something else that you think my community would be interested in hearing about? Why not drop me a line and let me know – I’d love to share it with my readers. Click here to email me.
- Elise from Elise & Emelie is hosting The Purse Clasp Book Sew Along and it kicks off on February 19. There’s heaps of prizes, some great skills you can learn and some fun projects to make. Find out more by clicking here.
- The Naples Quilters Guild (in Florida) is hosting it’s annual quilt show February 23 – 24. The Guild consists of 320+ members and has been around for 30+ years. The event looks like fun and they’re also raffling off an amazing version the “Quilter’s Patch” quilt designed by Laundry Basket Quilts. Download the show flyer by clicking here.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase those items through my links I will earn a very small commission. You will not pay more when buying a product through my link, in fact in some cases I can offer you a better price via an affiliate link. I will not recommend something that I do not use myself. These commissions help me keep being able to provide you with great content for free. Thank you, in advance for your support!
Get Your Free Pattern Now!
Sign up to the GnomeAngel Newsletter and you can access your very own free pattern. Get the latest news, stay up-to-date with sew-alongs + events and receive the occasional free offer! Simply add your details below!