#100Days100Blocks2019 is coming! I know, I know, you’ve only just finished #100Days100Blocks2018 but now is the perfect time to start thinking about how you’re going to spend 100 days in 2019. If you follow me on Instagram you will have seen sneak peek’s and information about the #100Days100Blocks2019 already, but for those of you that like to see it written down or may have missed the announcements here’s what you need to know.
Starts: Block 1 will be posted on Monday 1 July 2019 Australian Eastern Standard Time (Sydney’s timezone). You will post your Block 1 on 1 July in YOUR timezone.
Ends: Block 100 will be posted on Tuesday 8 October 2019 Australian Eastern Standard Time (Sydney’s timezone).
Blocks can be posted at any time during the day, they just have to be posted on the correct day in your timezone.
What Book Will We Be Using:
In 2019 we’ll be using a new book. We will not be using Tula Pink’s City Sampler. The #100Days100Blocks2019 book has not been published yet so you can’t buy it – yet! Here’s the high level details for those that can’t wait to know more:
- It will be available for purchase in February 2019 at the very latest.
- We’re working on getting it to you sooner, but we’d rather tell you the later date then get your hopes up and delay it.
- We may have it available digitally before February 2019 for those of you that simply can’t wait. However both options will be available by the end of February 2019 at the latest.
- Regardless of how it’s released, you have our promise that we’ll release it with enough time for those of you that want to sew ahead and prepare for the event to be able to do that.
- It’s been written by Angie Wilson (that’s me, GnomeAngel) and Bec (@skyberries)
- It will be published by me. This means you won’t be able to buy it from an existing publisher. We will have it available in print (hardcopy) and digitally.
- We will have it available at local quilt shops and online both domestically (Australia) and internationally.
- It’s 100 blocks – the blocks will be made up of 50 – 8″ x 8″ (finished size) blocks and 50 – 4″ x 8″ (finished size) blocks.
- It’s a mix of traditional blocks and blocks we made up.
- There will be instructions for 3 assembly options included in the pattern.
- It’s super beginner friendly.
- The “hardest” piecing in it is half square triangles and flying geese.
- The smallest size piece in the blocks finishes at 1/2″, but there’s less than 5 blocks in the entire quilt that have this size piece in it. Most of the pieces finish anywhere between 2″ – 6″.
- You will have the option to machine piece, English Paper Piece (we’ll have the kits available), Foundation Paper Piece (we’ll have the pattern available) and hand stitch the blocks. You can pick one method or mix all the methods. It’s up to you.
- It will be supported by an online class to help those of you that are new to patchwork.
- It will also be supported by monthly classes being held in Canberra, Australia and taught by me at our soon-to-be-announced new teaching venue. Yay!
Do you have a photo of the quilt?
Yep, but we’re not sharing it just yet. We’ll be sharing a full reveal of 2 of the assembly options very shortly. If you want to make sure you don’t miss it be sure to sign up to my weekly eNewsletter, Gnome Gnews, by clicking here.
Where do I post the Blocks?
In 2019 we’re looking at giving you more ways to participate and connect with people as you make and share your blocks. At this stage, we’ll be using a mix of social media and online forms to help give you variety in sharing your blocks and being eligible for prizes. Please don’t hit the panic button just yet! We’re not looking to mix up the formula too much – the community and support that comes from posting on Instagram has been too overwhelmingly positive for us to move away from that platform, however there’s been some changes to the platform that make it harder for us to manage and for people to connect organically with each other and so we’re investigating ways we can support that community for the 2019 event.
I run a creative business and I want to be a sponsor!
That’s fabulous – both on running a creative business and that you’d like to support this event. I’m going to be opening up the 2019 event to businesses like I did in 2018 and if you’d like to register to go on the mailing list for that opportunity simply fill out the form below and hit submit. I’ll email you out information and let you know more about what’s involved in January 2019.
I have more questions!
I knew you would! At this stage I’ve revealed as much as I’m willing too at the moment. Trust me, we’re working double time behind-the-scenes to make sure everything is in order and we’re going to have an amazing event next year. #100Days100Blocks is my baby and I’m very protective of it. I want it to continue to grow and support this amazing creative community. So you can rest assured that I’ll be doing everything in my power to make sure the event continues to grow and that you have lots of notice about how you can participate in the event. Promise!
If you want to ask me something simply send me an email or leave a comment below, where I can I’ll happily share anything in case I’ve missed it above and then update the information to reflect the answers provided.
Get Your Free Pattern Now!
Sign up to the GnomeAngel Newsletter and you can access your very own free pattern. Get the latest news, stay up-to-date with sew-alongs + events and receive the occasional free offer! Simply add your details below!