I’ve had a shocker this year and I completely got my dates mixed up for posting the link up and share details for entering the Marti Michell Mini Quiltmania competition. I’m so sorry. But the good news is that it’s meant you’ve had longer to work on your quilts. You have been working on your quilts, right? You haven’t! Well good news you’ve got two weeks to enter so there’s no excuse not to get cracking on one of these amazing mini quilts. There’s 13 quilts to choose from with varying degrees of skill required for each. The thing they all have in common is that they use Marti Michell Templates to make. Simple. Want to know what you can win? Well keep reading!
Here’s the complete list of all 13 quilts and where you can find their tutorials. Just pick one (or two or three or thirteen) and have a crack.
- A Tree Quilt Mini Quilt by Rachel at Wooden Spoon Quilts: Click here for tutorial
- There’s a Bear in There Mini Quilt by Cat at Cat + Vee: Click here for tutorial
- Rainbow Triangles by Tonya at The Crafty Mummy: Click here for tutorial
- Coral Mini Quilt by Kristy at Bonjour Quilts: Click here for tutorial
- Beach Boxes Mini Quilt by Peta at She Quilts A Lot: Click here for tutorial
- I Left My Heart in Colorado Mini Quilt by Lucy at Charm About You: Click here for tutorial
- Thanks a Bunch Mini Quilt by Angie at GnomeAngel: Click here for tutorial
- Bear Paw in the Bee Hive Mini Quilt by Marti at Marti Michell: Click here for tutorial
- Nebula Mini Quilt by Alyce at Blossom Heart Quilts: Click here for tutorial
- Whirlwind Mini Quilt by Nat at Ouvrages de Nat: Click here for tutorial
- Fall Pumpkin Mini Quilt by Lisa at In The Boon Docks: Click here for tutorial
- Pineapple Slice Mini Quilt by Lisa at Sweet Little Pretties: Click here for tutorial
- Butterfly Mini Quilt by Raylee at Sunflower Quilting: Click here for tutorial
WHAT CAN YOU WIN?
The lovely lady herself, Marti Michell, is sponsoring a fabulous prize for one lucky winner. You can win a $50 gift voucher to spend online at the Marti Michell shop. This is such a great prize for adding to your template collection and taking advantage of some of the great template pattern books Marti has written. Go window shopping by clicking here.
Simply Soilds who are simply awesome are offering one lucky reader a mystery FQ Bundle. If you haven’t heard of Simply Solids you need to remedy that quick smart. Here’s a little history on Simply Solids for you.
Established in 2010 Simply Solids has been providing the UK sewing and quilting community with designer cotton solids in a vast rainbow of colours! We remain as one of the UKs premier destinations for Robert Kaufman’s Kona Cotton Solids and our rapidly expanding blenders division is allowing us to introduce many more designer fabrics to our mix. Here you will currently find manufacturers such as Michael Miller, Art Gallery Fabrics, Makower and Riley Blake to name but a few!
Still not convinced, check out their Fat Quarter Bundles section and start dreaming about what’s coming your way! Click here to drool.
Make Modern is an Australian-based modern quilt magazine written by quilters, for quilters. Make Modern is published digitally which means you can get your copy anywhere. One lucky entrant will win a 6 month subscription to Make Modern. Want to see what you could be reading, click here to see the Make Modern Pattern Gallery.
HOW DO YOU ENTER?
**CLOSED** Simple. There’s a link below and you can submit your photo of your finished mini quilt made via one of the 13 tutorials on this linky. Alternatively you can submit your photo to the specific album in the Farmer’s Wife 1930’s Sampler Quilt Facebook Group or you can post it on Instagram with the hashtag #MartiMichellMiniQuiltmania and tag myself (@gnomeangel) and Marti Michell (@MartiMichell) in the photo. So many ways to enter there should be no excuse for you not to be in the running!
Entries will be open from Wednesday 30 November 2016 @ 7:30am AEST (Sydney Time) and close Wednesday 14 December 2016 @ Midnight AEST. (That’s two weeks to make a mini quilt, you can totally do it!)
Thank you for your entries, both here and on Instagram and the Facebook Group. The Judge has picked the following winners:
Winner of the $50 Gift Certificate to Marti Michell is Becky with her houses mini.
Winner of the Simply Solids Fat Quarter Mystery Bundle is Jodi with her amazing postcard size rainbow triangle mini. (You can click here to read all about it.)
Winner of the 6 month subscription to Make Modern quilt magazine is Chipie with her snail swirl quilt.
We’ve also got a surprise prize for Lori and her pumpkin. Lori has won her choice of either Set F, Set J or the Starry Path Set (you can read more about them here).