How big as last week? Seems a lot of people are keen to do #100Days100Blocks (not sure what I’m talking about then click here to find out more) – it’s fabulous! Im so excited to see everyone’s blocks and I know that the 17th August seems like ages away but it’s going to be here so quickly! I really need to start thinking about the blocks I want to make and maybe, just maybe, get some more fabric in. (You know, any excuse to order some fabric!)
I had such a big week of sewing last week – it was amazing. I am really starting to make some headway on my to-do list and I think I’m now about a month behind. At this rate I should be finishing the year strong! (I probably just jinxed myself there!) The Canberra Quilters Exhibition is coming up and I’m really excited to see the quilts this year. This is the first year that I haven’t submitted a quilt, I’ve done a Tiny Treasure (no side greater than 30cm) but it’s not the same. The crazy thing is that I’ve finished more quilts in the past 6 months then I have in the past 4 years, but none of them can see the light of day until 2017. Oh well, next year I’ll have a bevy of quilts to choose from to enter.
I’ve become addicted to watching Masterchef Australia while I’m sewing. I’ve not really watched it before so it’s been great to binge watch the latest season. I’m always so amazed and envious of the things people can do with food. I guess it’s like us with fabric. I’ve found myself using the pressure tests on the show to keep me motivated when I’ve been procrastinating on getting things done. It’s been rather amusing (to me).
Today I posted off my medallion for Bec and I’s Two-Sided Round Robin (click here to read all about our crazy idea). I’m so excited to see what Bec has made. I stretched myself and did something on a scale I’ve never done before and I’m really thrilled with how it’s turned out. Once our medallions arrive we’ll both be sharing them on our blogs and social media. We’re 2 ,months behind on our timetable, but that’s my fault. I seriously can’t convey how excited I am about us getting this project started.
If I don’t get off this computer however nothing will get started this week and I have so much planned for this week that you’re really going to want me to get off this computer so you can find out what’s in store. I hope you have a fabulous day!
FUN THINGS TO CLICK ON
- I’ve scored a gig with Make Modern writing a monthly column called “The Hustle”. It’s all about how to turn your passion into a business. If you’d like to read it you can buy your copy by clicking here.
- Michelle from Cole and Taffy has written a great post on Sewing on a Budget (something I know nothing about!). Click here to read.
- Kitty from Night Quilter has released a new paper piecing pattern called Constant Flux and it looks great. Click here to get the pattern.
- Trapped in the Pokemon Go craze? This is the closest I’ll get to it. Make this supersize Pokeball pillow. Click here to get the pattern.
- Love this double square star quit from Missouri Star Quilt Co. Click here to get the pattern.
- I’m adding the ribbon star quilt block to my must make list. Click here to get the tutorial.
COMMUNITY CORK BOARD
- Looking for a swap with a difference then check out #cfcblockswap which is being run by Alison from Cotton Factory in Ballarat. Unlike other swaps where you have to curate your fabric with this swap you purchase the swap package from Cotton Factory which includes fabric, pattern and a return envelope. So easy even I could do it! Click here to find out more.
- Have you heard about the Modern Makers Retreat? Three quilty friends had an idea of a fantasy weekend away – where they could sew all day (and night!), gossip and eat delicious food with like minded makers. Follow them on Instagram as they celebrate modern design. Find out more by clicking here.
- The Berry Quilting Retreat is happening on 27 & 28 August 2016 and the line up looks amazing. Jen Kingwell will be teaching there and for her wisdom only it’s worth attending. You can find out more by clicking here.
- If you’re like me and you like to dabble in more than just sewing and quilting creative work then check out these free downloadable papers from Sizzix. Great to use in any graphics work you might be doing (like blog banners)! Click here to get your free papers.
- Fat Quarter Shop have released their new monthly subscription service: Sew Sampler. It looks amazing and I love that unlike other subscriptions this one comes with all the information you need to make a quilt. Each month contains a quilt block recipe card that you can use to make a full 12 block quilt. Genius! You can find out more by clicking here.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase those items through my links I will earn a very small commission. You will not pay more when buying a product through my link, in fact in some cases I can offer you a better price via an affiliate link. I will not recommend something that I do not use myself. These commissions help me keep being able to provide you with great content for free. Thank you, in advance for your support!
Get Your Free Pattern Now!
Sign up to the GnomeAngel Newsletter and you can access your very own free pattern. Get the latest news, stay up-to-date with sew-alongs + events and receive the occasional free offer! Simply add your details below!