Did you miss me on Monday? I’m sorry for the lack of correspondence, I’ve just spent the past week laid up in bed with a horrible chesty cough and cold, dare I say it even the flu. It’s been crap. I’m the worst at being sick. I hate being forced into time in bed, I hate not being able to do what I need to do when I need to do it and I hate missing out on stuff. (I also spend half the time convinced I’m dying!) The flu season has been particularly bad in this part of the country this year and I had foolishly been congratulating myself on not getting sick, despite HUBBY getting the flu a couple of weeks ago. Well, I put an end to that little run of immunity by coming down with it for twice as long as HUBBY.
Today is the first day in nearly a fortnight that I feel somewhat human. I caved yesterday and went running to the chemist to beg them for the strongest stuff they have so that I can at least try and get this train wreck back on the tracks. I seem to have this uncanny ability to get sick right when I’m just starting to get a rhythm happening. I spent weeks fighting with my sewjo and it was just in a good place and then BAM! I got sick. Now I’ve got two weeks of emails to catch up on, a million things to get done before Market and I’m two weeks behind in my sewing goals. Oh well, lucky I’ve got two cute men in my life to make me laugh or I’d go insane.
With all that happening and it’s school holidays I’d better make the most of feeling ok and get on with getting the house back in order, getting on top of my email mountain and maybe, just maybe, I can play with some fabric today. I hope you have the most amazing week filled with love, laughter and fabric fondling!
I know it’s cliched, but I love a good chicken noodle soup when I’m feeling poorly. Love this recipe from Natasha’s Kitchen. Click here to purchase.
Loving this fabric tray tutorial from Lisa + Sarah at A Spoonful of Sugar. Click here to read more.
Patchwork coasters are the perfect project for using your favourite scraps up and making a gift in a hurry. Click here to read more.
I’m loving these lunch bags and I’m thinking I might need to make some for the last term at school. Click here to read more.
If you’re like me you have no idea how to quickly and easily tie a knot in the end of your thread when EPPing. Well this week I found this easy tutorial for a quick way to get a knot in your thread without driving yourself bonkers. Click here to read more.
HURRY THIS OFFER IS ENDING SOON + PINS ARE CLOSE TO RUNNING OUT! Make Modern Magazine is a digital magazine made for modern and contemporary quilters. If you didn’t know I write a column for Make Modern called “The Hustle” which is all about running a creative small business.
Make Modern are offering a fabulous incentive to those of you that are thinking about subscribing; the first 100 new subscribers in September will receive a free Make Modern enamel pin. (I have them all and they’re fabulous!)
Annual subscriptions are AUD$40, six-monthly subscriptions are AUD$21 and single issues are AU$8. The issues are FILLED with great patterns, interesting interviews and handy hints and tips – high on content, low on advertising.
- Two Blue Birdies are offering $20 off when you spend $80 or more. Use Discount code TBB20 at checkout. Conditions apply – see Two Blue Birdies website for more details. Offer expires 24 September 2017. Click here to start shopping.
- Anita of Daydreams of Quilts has released her first eBook, “A Year of Pixel Heart Quilts” and she’s offering it at the low introductory price of $14.95 (Canadian) until the end of September. (The ebook reverts to it’s regular price of $24.95 on October 1st.) There are 10 patterns for Pixel Heart Quilts encompassing many holidays and seasons throughout the year. Click here to purchase.
- Patty Dudek of Elm Street Quilts is hosting the 3rd annual Bag It event which kicks off September 18 and runs through mid-December. New bag tutorials plus bags from featured designers will be on the Elm Street Quilts blog. You can make a bag from any tutorial or pattern and link up for a chance to win prizes from some amazing sponsors. More information here.
- Yvonne from Quilting Jet Girl is kicking off the Wayward Transparency Quilt-along on 15 September and you can find out more about it by clicking here.
- Andrea and Elise are hosting the “Tilda’s Seasonal Ideas Collection Sew-along”. It kicked off on 1 September and you can use whatever fabrics you’d like to participate. You can read more by clicking here.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase those items through my links I will earn a very small commission. You will not pay more when buying a product through my link, in fact in some cases I can offer you a better price via an affiliate link. I will not recommend something that I do not use myself. These commissions help me keep being able to provide you with great content for free. Thank you, in advance for your support!
Psst... Would you like a FREE pattern?
Sign up to the GnomeAngel Newsletter and you can access your very own free pattern. Get the latest news, stay up-to-date with sew-alongs + events and receive the occasional free offer! Simply add your details below!