#100Days100Blocks2018 is due to kick off in under 50 days. It’s a huge event for me. The first year I ran it there were over 58,000 images put on the hashtag. The following year there were over 69,000 images on the hashtag. I had no idea it would be embraced in such a way and it’s just been such a blessing and truly wonderful experience to host it each year. This year I’m hoping to break the 100,000 image count and to use the platform as a way of supporting the creative industry that I love so much.
I want to use this event to help spotlight up and coming businesses, bloggers, podcasters, youtubers, pattern designers, authors and more. For the first time I’m going to be offering the ability to apply for a spot as a daily sponsor. What does this mean? Well it’s simple. Every day for 100 days I’m going to be sharing a creative entrepreneur with the #100Days100Blocks2018 audience and giving them a chance to win a prize from that person. It’s a great way to get your business in front of an active audience and become a little more involved with the creative community on social media.
Normally I charge a small administration fee to sponsors for their involvement in the event, however this year for the daily sponsors I’m waiving that fee. You’ll get one day of event promotion for free in exchange for offering up a prize with the minimum value of $30.
What do #100Days100Blocks2018 Daily Sponsors get?
I’m glad you asked. Here’s what daily sponsors get:
- You’ll be allocated one day in the 100 day event between 7 July and 14 October.
- On your allocated day I will share your details with the #100Days100Blocks2018 audience via Instagram.
- Participants will be required to make and post that day’s block, use the hashtag #100Days100Blocks2018 and follow the daily sponsors Instagram account to be eligible for the daily sponsor prize.
- Daily sponsors details will be published on my blog as per previous events. (Click here to see an example.)
- Daily sponsor prizes will be allocated at the end of every 10 block segment and results published on the 5th day after the segment closes. Eg. Blocks 1 – 10 winners will be published on day 15 of the event. Daily sponsor details will be included again in this post.
- Daily sponsor information will be included in my weekly newsletter.
- Daily sponsors will handle all prize distribution. I will pick the winner and put them in contact with the sponsor and then it is the sponsors responsibility to deliver the prize (in line with prize requirements – for example, it may have been stipulated in the prize that winner will pay shipping, customs, insurance, taxes where applicable). There is no need to ship prizes to me for distribution.
How do I apply to be a #100Days100Blocks2018 Daily Sponsor?
It’s super simple. Just click here and complete the online registration form. There’s a limited amount of spots so you’ll need to hurry if you want to claim one. I’m closing registration on midnight 31 May 2018 AEST. After registration is closed I will be emailing out all applicants and letting them know about the next steps.
If you’ve still got some questions I’ve provided some answers to questions I’ve had to help you decide if it’s for you. If your question is not answered below or you have more questions/concerns just drop me an email by clicking here.
What are my responsibilities and expectations as a #100Days100Blocks2018 Daily Sponsor?
Super good question! It’s simple. You will be required to do the following:
- Provide all requested content within the specified timeframe. This includes a banner, social media links and a blurb about what you would like promoted. I use this information to schedule promotion and make sure that participants can find you.
- Promote the event via at least 1 instagram post on the following milestones: prior to the event starting, the day of your block allocation and once your prize has been allocated. You may do more promotion if you like, and it’s recommended that if you can you do as it will result in more participants finding out about what you are promoting as part of the event.
- Communicate with myself and the winner of your prize in a timely manner and uphold your agreement to provide the prize.
When I email to offer you a spot on the daily sponsor roster I will include more information about the responsibilities and expectations so that you can decide if it’s something you would like to be involved in. I will also offer some support in regards to providing you with promotional content to help promote the event. We’re in this together!
I will also send out some information to help you get prepared for your day in the spotlight. There’s nothing worse than having 100 people come to your site and it’s not up-to-date so you can’t capitalise on those visitors.
What if I don’t have a product to provide as a prize?
If the thing that you would like to promote is not a physical product (think blog, podcast, you tube channel) then consider providing a gift certificate to your favourite online quilt shop or supplies shop. It’s a super simple way to be involved and $30 is a great amount to help someone kick off a spending spree and support another business.
If you’re in the position of not having a physical product and you’d still like to participate as a daily sponsor just send me an email and we can talk about ways you can offer a prize and take advantage of this event.
Will I get an explosion of followers from participating?
I wish! It’s hard to know. While we had an estimated (based on hashtag growth) 700+ participants last year, not everyone who participates wants prizes. There’s a number of reasons why people don’t follow sponsor accounts (they don’t want a prize, they don’t read the eligibility requirements properly) so I can’t guarantee you’ll see a major boost in your followers. There’s also the fact that people follow accounts until the prizes are announced and then unfollow. However, what I can tell you is that if you participate and interact with the community you will make genuine lasting contacts and this is gold. There’s been so many friendships and stories of people finding new businesses through this event that I’m confident you will get value for money on your prize investment.
If I’m a #100Days100Blocks2018 Daily Sponsor do I have to participate in the event?
You totally don’t have to participate in the event if you don’t want to. I love the event and this is my third year making a quilt for it so I’m a little biased and I think everyone should play along, but you totally don’t have to. I’ve had some sponsors participate and use the daily prompts as a way to promote their business passively and it’s been great. I’ve also had businesses that sponsor and don’t participate with equally great outcomes. It’s all up to you.
I have more questions!
Awesome. I’m here to help. Just drop me an email and we’ll go through them together.
Get Your Free Pattern Now!
Sign up to the GnomeAngel Newsletter and you can access your very own free pattern. Get the latest news, stay up-to-date with sew-alongs + events and receive the occasional free offer! Simply add your details below!